What is GRAPEMO?
1. One full month of writing/revising/editing/outlining/world-b
2. Runs from February 1st through February 28th.
3. An exercise in discipline without the mandatory word count of NaNo
Personal Writing Goal: This can be anything you want it to be. A certain number of words to either a brand new story or something you’re already working on. Finishing up a current project. Revisions or edits. A short story, a synopsis, an outline, or even a legible query letter. It’s whatever you want it to be—and the best thing is, as time marches on and you realize there’s no way you’re going to reach your original goal (life, as we know it, often gets in our way), then feel free to change it. All I want is for you to be actively working on something, for 4 weeks, with a solid plan to achieve a realistic goal.The first thing you need to do, if you want to join in, is to send me a PM here on LJ or else e-mail me at sassenach43 at aol dot com, and let me know. I’ll be posting participants names and adding to the list on a regular basis.
Then, sometime between today and January 30st, please send me (same as above) you PWG. PLEASE be sure to write “PWG” in the subject heading so I don’t miss it. On January 31st I’ll post the complete list here of all participants and their PWGs. Once GRAPEMO starts, on Mondays I’ll be posting everyone’s weekly update (think progress reports) so we can all see how we’re progressing. If you need to revise your goal, let me know at that time.
1. Email or PM (private message on LJ) these to me over the weekend. Again, put PWG or “update” or something else in the subject heading. Tell me how you’re doing!
2. Please try to get these in by Sunday night so I can post them in a timely manner.
3. Do NOT post your updates in the comment sections of posts.
THIS is the fun part! In fact, even though this is not a contest by any stretch of the imagination, I usually bestow lovely prizes (names drawn at random) on unsuspecting participants. This year, each time you send me a “teaser” of your current project, you’ll automatically be entered into the drawing. One teaser, one chance…five teasers, five chances…you get it. These will be posted on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
1. Teasers need to be in by Monday night for posting on Tuesday morning, and by Wednesday night for posting on Thursday morning. Teasers received on Thursday or later will be saved for the next TEASER day.
2. Once the teasers are posted I won't be adding to that entry.
3. Up to 300 words, give or take.
4. Remember to include a title and your name (or username, if e-mailed).
5. Please put “TEASER” in the subject line so I don’t miss it.
The TEASERS are absolutely the best part of this, so don't be shy! These are not for critiquing, just for our own reading enjoyment!
You do NOT have to be a member of Live Journal to participate. These are open posts. If you wish to comment, just sign your entry so I know who you are. Anonymous comments are now screened because of a serious spam problem here.
Everyone is welcome!